Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wuxi Expat Marries the Wuxi Zoo

Lyle Fitzgibbons, a Wuxi English teacher, readily admits he is a "little off."


Talking about his decision to marry the Wuxi Zoo, Fitzgibbons says he is not doing it because of the animals.


"I don't much care for animals!" says Fitzgibbons.


So why marry a Zoo?


Fitzgibbons says he loves Zoo infrastructure. "I love the cages, the metal bars, the double locked doors, the elaborate security, the barbed wire, the barriers between the cages and the public. I could kiss and hug them and I couldn't give a damn if there are animals in them or not."


Asked why he hasn't married a prison, Fitzgibbons said that these structures aren't available to the public. "I imagine that if my parents had taken me to the prison to see criminals, I would have fallen in love with cells and security systems, but alas, that didn't happen.


Fitzgibbons will marry the Wuxi Zoo on the 6th of June at the QuickieWedding Chapel of Gambay's Pub in the Nanchang Jie Bar Street.  Archbishop Markoris will preside.


The couple plan to spend their honeymoon at the Shanghai Wildlife Park.


The Wuxi, China Expatdom is the only jurisdiction in the world to recognize marriages between Expats and inanimate objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment