Wednesday, May 6, 2015

1.3 Trillion Dollar Movie is a Labour of Love for Wuxi Expat


Wuxi Expat Double Saint Archduke Harry Moore Emeritus says that post-production work has been finished on his major film Machismo Unleashed.

Archduke Moore has co-directed Machismo Unleashed with Clint Eastwood. He also co-stars in the movie with the ghosts of Steve McQueen and Bruce Lee.

Machismo Unleashed, which has a budget of 1.3 trillion USD, making it the most expensive motion picture ever made, is a labor of love for Moore. "Let me tell you. My wife the Archduchess Miss Moneypenny and I really had to skimp and work hard to raise the money to produce the film. We even had resort to doing things like taking public transportation and becoming professional naturists. I also had to deliver film lectures in all 175 countries of the world before paying crowds as big as five million to make this project happen."

Archduke Moore said Machismo Unleashed cost so much to make because he and his co-director Clint Eastwood eschewed any CGI graphics. "We have scenes in the movie where we destroy multiple aircraft carriers, deploy a million woman Swedish Bikini Army, and reenact the great Lisbon and Tangshan Earthquakes of 1755 and 1976 respectively, which are 100 percent WYSIWYG." said Moore.  "We used real live people in authentic period costumes using actual technology of the time that we lovingly recreated."  Asked why he didn't like using CGI technology, Moore said "They're a bit of a cheat really and I don't believe in cheating my audiences!"

Asked to describe what his film was about, Moore spent some time considering the question before finally saying the following: "I think that this buddy, on-the-road, epic, philosophical , adventure, suspense, musical is going to add hundreds of new words to the lexicon of movie-making. How to describe a movie that is funny, dramatic, medieval, modern, pre-historical, post-impressionist, set in every epoch of human history, sensual, erotic, toe-tapping, full of manly virility, full of womanly femininity, reactionary, biblical, and completely in keeping with the teaching magisterium of the Catholic Church all at the same time in a 150 minute movie?  Modern journalists and writers are going to have a hard time, I know, but I think of it this way: I am giving writers the world over some chances to coin some new words or maybe force them to actually consult their Funk & Wagnall's. Basically, all the things that have ever concerned me about human existence and God and what we must do to save our souls in this world or in the next are in this little film of mine.  As well, it is an attempt on my part to raise the cinematic art.  When the great Sir Kenneth Clark said films were ephemeral, it hurt me to the core, but I immediately realized he had a point.  And so I got to get together with my good friend Clint Eastwood and we spent hours in the hot tub and on the golf course, with our wives by our sides, discussing the matter, hashing out every possible solution to what we called the Kenneth Clark problem.  I think the results of our musings is a film that is paradigm shifting: a challenge that we wish Lord Clark was alive in order to give us a response."
Asked how important the film was to him,  the Archduke said:  "Machismo Unleashed is the labour of my life. It is a labour of love, I should say, that is only second to my performing my duties to my wonderful wife Miss Moneypenny!"

Machismo Unleashed is scheduled for worldwide release in May 2015.

1 comment: