Monday, June 25, 2012

Wuxi Expat Proud of the Number of Toilets He Has in His Restaurant

Duston Short, a Wuxi Expat from  Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, tells the Wuxiist Blog that he is proud of the number of toilets in Rae's, an Expat restaurant that he and his brothers own in Wuxi's Meicun District.

"We have forty toilets in our restaurant!" boasted Short who is the Wuxi China Expatdom's reigning Midget Sumo Wrestling Champion.  "My Accountant, who I pay to do all my accounts and my arithmetic, tells me that that is a ratio of four toilets or w.c.'s per patron because we have only ten seats.  Of course, my accountant told me to tell you, that really that is two per patron because half of the toilets are meant for girls!"

Asked why the number of toilets divided by the number of possible patrons was so high, Short looked confused until the question was rephrased.  Then asked why there were so so so many many toilets for so so so so few patrons, Short said that he put himself in the place of his patrons and imagined that if everybody had to use the bathroom at the same time, they would maybe not have a choice of toilets.  "Just think if ten people need to use the toilet at the same time, and each of them went into a stall and saw there was no t.p., they would normally have no place else to go!  But in Rae's, they would have another toilet or more to go to!  And boy what a relief that would be if it ever happened to you like it has happened to me where one time I had to run out of the restaurant and do my business on a busy street at rush hour with everyone looking at me!" proclaimed Short.

Asked if the toilets were western or eastern squat, Short told the Wuxiist that patrons presenting their certificate of Squat-toilet training would get a discount on meals.

Asked if Rae's had a menu, Short said he was working on it best he could now that he had solved his toilet problem once and for all.  "I am waiting for my shipment of Kraft Macaroni Dinner that my Mom told me she sent me!" said Short.

No comments:

Post a Comment