Sunday, February 23, 2014

Canadian Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Team Credit Wuxi China Expat Archduke for Inspiring Them to Their Gold Medal Victory at the Sochi Olympics.



After defeating Sweden 3-0 in the Olympic Hockey Final in Sochi, Russia, Team Canada's players and coaches were quick to give credit to Wuxi China Expatdom Archduke Sir Harry Moore for their victory.

We couldn't have done it without the example set by the amazing life of Wuxi Expat Archduke Sir Harry Moore!” said Team Canada Coach Mike Babcock who said it was watching the Archduke's Detroit Hockey City film lecture about the movie Slapshot that changed his life and his manner of coaching. “Sir Harry's exposition on the film caused me to see things in it that I hadn't noticed in the fifty times I had watched the film before the lecture. He exposed to me the cry for humanity that the film had. I had thought it was goonish violence for the sake of goonish violence.”

Jonathan Toews, who opened the scoring with a deflection in the first period, said he would never have scored the goal if it hadn't been for Archduke Sir Harry Moore's commentary track on the super deluxe DVD edition of David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia. “Like Sir Harry, I was a big fan of the films of David Lean. I watched Doctor Zhivago twenty times and of course a great honor to have been able to attend the Archduke's lecture on Lean's movies at the old exhibitions stadium in Toronto. The lecture opened my eyes to the possibilities of life. Thanks to Sir Harry, I was able to think of the tactics of deflecting that allowed me to score the game's opening goal!”

Sydney Crosby, who scored Team Canada's second goal on a breakaway, also thanked the Wuxi Expat Archduke for give him the mental frame of mind necessary to await the opportunity to have the breakaway. “I have memorized Archduke Harry's lecture on the film adaptations of Shakespeare's plays as well as read numerous biographies of his life. And I was inspired by Harry attributing his success to not forcing the opportunities to come but taking advantage of them when they did. Harry taught me to trust in God!”

As they were awarded their gold medals, the Team Canada players asked the Olympic committee to play Sergio Leone soundtrack music from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly instead of the Canadian National Anthem. “We believe that is his favorite music!” said Team Canada Goaltender Carey Price who made 24 saves for his second straight shutout to cap off his impressive tournament in which he allowed just three goals in five starts. 

1 comment: