Sunday, May 20, 2012

New Family-Of-Four Profile #6: The Drench Sisters from Winnipeg; "Looking For Love"


        
             Joining the ever-growing influx of new familes in the Wuxi China Expatdom are the
beautiful Drench sisters, formerly of Winnipeg.

Kennesaw "Hui Shan" Landis, WCEHOF Curator, and well-known local Expat identity, met with the Drench girls at Starbucks, and over cups of coffee and muffins, sought their impressions of their new lives in the Expatdom.

            Eldest sister, Dame Judee, told "Hui Shan" that she and her sisters are enjoying every second of being in the Expatdom. "The WCE", enthused Dame Judee, "has so much to offer new arrivals like us. Mere words cannot describe how wonderful everything is here!".

            The Drench sisters freely-acknowledge that it wasn't only the WCE's world's-greatest-lifestyle atmosphere that attracted them here. "We're all single and we're looking for four
Mr Rights!", said second-eldest, Layla. "But", she went on, "we are respectable ladies, of course. We
aren't interested in Sexpat-types, or gold-diggers".

             Doreen Drench explained: "although we were happy back in the 'Peg, well, for various reasons, we couldn't find the sort of life-partners we yearned for. But then, three month's ago, fate took a hand."

             "That's correct", said Layla. "I worked in the Winnipeg City Hall as an administrative supervisor. One day I was in Mayor Sam Katz's office, tidying-up his paperwork. Mayor Katz showed me a photo album, hundreds of pictures taken about a year ago. Mayor Katz told me that these were of the WCE Trio's triumph in the Brandon Musicfest, and also of the pursuit of that
horrible Ayatollah of Mordor.  Wow-weee!  Pictures of big Harry Callahan, suave Admiral Bridges, and so many other yummee-yummee men!".  "I showed the photo albums to my sisters, and that did it - the WCE here-we-come!!".

            Dame Judee Drench told Hui Shan that so far they'd each met lots of handsome men in the
Expatdom. "But no-clicks, just yet", she said, "except Doreen here - seems she has found her
dreamboat!".

            Doreen blushed deeply. "Oh, tee-hee-hee, I'm much too shy to talk about that!.
But I will", she said coyly.
"Three day's ago I was in the Carrefour Hardware Emporium, browsing over designer-screwdrivers and nails. And then I saw him. The minute he walked in the joint, I could see he was a man of distinction, a real big spender".

            "Good lookin', so refined". So I threw caution to the wind, and said to that man "Say, wouldn't you like to know what's goin' on in my mind? So let me get right to the point! I don't pop my cork for every man I see - hey big spender, spend a little time with me?".

             Doreen said that the mystery-hunk-spunk didn't respond. "But he did glance at me briefly",
she said. "I followed him to the checkout counter. He was buying a couple of 2-litre bottles of Super Glue. I stood right behind him, and said quietly: "Wouldn't you like to have fun?  Fun?  Fun?
How's about a few laughs?  Laughs?        Laughs?".   "And I heard his voice when he spoke to the
checkout-man. "Mr Right's voice was elegant - a combination of Sir John Gielgud, and Morgan Freeman's rich-timbred voice".


            "I didn't have the nerve to actually speak to that beautiful guy - so he left".
Doreen asked Hui Shan if he might know the identity of her intended heart-throb?

             "Not sure I do", replied Kennesaw, scratching his head. "Ahhh, let's see....  well, he could have been any one of thousands of suave Expat men here. I know he couldn't have been Harry Moore. No, no, Harry Moore's voice is nothing like the one you've described, Doreen.
Harry Moore sounds like a squawking chicken - rules him out."

             

            

No comments:

Post a Comment