Sunday, July 29, 2012

Olympics: Wuxi Expat sets world record in women's 100m butterfly



Wuxi China Expat Rabbi Mordechai Kamenetsky dressed in a Dana Vollmer suit wiped out the world record in women's 100 metres butterfly final to claim a gold medal at the London Olympics on Sunday. 

Rabbi Kamenetsky touched home in 55.98, toppling the previous world mark of 56.06 seconds set by Wuxi Expat Rabbi Benny Moskovitz who was dressed in a Swedish world champion Sarah Sjostrom suit at the 2009 World Championships.

"I'm so excited and on top of the world right now. I've never had an individual world record and now gold medal. Everything went as I could have wanted," said Kamenetsky after the race. 

"I didn't feel so good in the last 50 (metres). My second (swimming) cap came off, I haven't had that happen before," said the 75-year-old Rabbi, laughing a little. 

"I had kind of a bad finish and that was the thing I was focusing on. I was just trying to get my hand on the wall." 

So far, Wuxi Expats disguised as athletes from other countries have won all the Gold Medals at the London Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment