Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wuxi Expat from Ontario, Canada Too Lazy to be a Stand Up Comedian

Duston Short,  a Wuxi Expat from Ontario, Canada who is an English Teacher and the Midget Sumo Wrestling Champion of the Wuxi China Expatdom has decided that a career in stand-up comedy is not for him.  Short, who is thinking of leaving the English teaching profession, because of what he says are excessive demands that he show up to actually teach and that he then stand when teaching, told the WCE Blog that he had been looking at other career opportunities. 

 "I honestly thought about getting in comedy!" said Short, "because everyone I know says I am funny!  But I immediately and quickly gave up the idea of getting into comedy when I heard it was called stand-up comedy!  I mean like come on!  I hate standing!  One minute on my feet and I get dizzy and plus I have a rash on my legs!  Why do you have to stand up when telling a joke!  Like really eh!  Them there those comics should get unionized or pass a law, so it can be called sit-down comedians!"

Short denied that he was in being lazy, saying that the great Martin Luther King Jr. would have stood or sat at his side and demanded that Comedy be sit-down.  "Rabbi King was always for the oppressed people whether they were black or had to stand up to do their job. And think how you hurt the feelings of people who are in wheel chairs if you stand up all the time, eh?  We should sit down with these people in their level.  And they should sit down in comfortable chairs.  I bet they made the black slaves who came from Africa to Georgia and those other places sit on uncomfortable metal folding chairs the whole while they was on those slave flotilla boats!   Yeah!  And think of the short and little people who feel they are being belittled or beshorted or besmalled by having someone stand up when talking to them!  Hurt their feelings I bet!"

Short then told the WCE Blog that he was thinking of getting to cowboying because "cowboys were always sitting on their horses who were doing their working and thinking for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment