Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wuxi Expat Says Yixing Tea Pots Are His Cup of Tea

Sir Whieldon Wedgwood from Bazington Stokeshire on the Mersey, England says he has fallen in love with the teapots of Yixing.  Wedgwood, a teach of English at Meicun Experimental High School, says he spends his days off in Yixing adding to collection of Yixing teapots.

"I really like teapots you know!  Back in the home country, I had a marvelous and diverse collection of over three hundred ceramic teapots from the late 17th century to the present day.  I was especially proud of my 1792 Wedgwood.  After acquiring it, I had my name legally changed to Wedgwood from Augusutus Fink Nottle.  When an opportunity to teach English in China presented itself I was reluctant to leave my beloved Mersey and my teapot collection.  But when information came to light that Wuxi was near Yixing, the revered city of Chinese teapots, I hesistated not to accept a job offer to teach English and catch the first BOAC to China!"  said Wedgwood.

Wedgwood says his collection of Yixing Teapots is enormous.  "I have over a thousand Yixing Tea Pots in all sizes, you know.  I have had many custom-made.  My most prized ones are from the Poolside Harry Moore special collection.  The teapots are shaped to match the provocative poses of Moore in his all-time best-selling book."

Asked if he was going to have other Teapots custom-made, Wedgwood told the WCE Blog that he had finished the initial drawings for the Zhanshen 6 collection featuring the five Expatonauts and the one stowaway who were members of the Wuxi China Expatdom mission to Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment