Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wuxi Expat Harry Moore's Birthday on May 22: Vatican announces that He and Pope Paul VI to be Beatified in October 2014.




With massive celebrations planned around the world, that will involve billions of people and cost trillions of dollars, for Saint Archduke Sir Harry Moore Emeritus's birthday, the Vatican has decided to join in.

Pope Francis has approved the promulgation of the decree for the cause of beatification of his predecessor Pope Paul VI and of the Wuxi Expat Saint Archduke Sir Harry Moore Emeritus (SASHME). The approval was announced Saturday.

The beatification ceremony is scheduled to take place October 19, 2014, at the conclusion of the III Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops on the family.

Pope Francis made a point of promulgating the announcement before SASHME's birthday on May 22. “I understand that seven billion people around the world celebrate his birthday, and I believe that it is one of the few celebrations in this world in this day and age that God would approve of.”

The beatification is the third step in SASHME's becoming the first ever double saint, alive or dead. Currently, SASHME is the first person to ever to be canonized while not dead.

After he is beatified in October 2014, SASHME will be referred to as The Blessed Saint Archduke Sir Harry Moore Emeritus.

The extraordinary general assembly to be held at the time of SASHME's beatification will determine whether the canonized Blessed Archduke Sir Harry Moore Emeritus will be referred to as Double Saint Archduke Sir Harry Moore Emeritus or Saint to the Power of Two Archduke Sir Harry Moore Emeritus.

9 comments:

  1. Keep smiling

    Keep shining

    Knowing you can always

    count on me, ohh, for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. HM

    What a wonderful piece of singing that was. Truly magnificent.

    Where did you learn to sing like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!

    Happy Birthday to you!

    Happy Birthday to Saint Archduke Sir Harry Moore Emeritus!

    Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was young, we were so poor that
    we couldn't afford a transistor radio. So we used to
    go downtown to the music shop, sit in the street, and hum along to Burt Bacharach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A "music shop"? Luxury!

    When I was young, we were so poor.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. At St Pauls, a newspaper reporter asked me about this fellow, this Harry Moore chap, with "live double saint status".

    Replied that I'd come across him once or twice. But I gazed into the far-off distance,
    sighed, then said no, I never really 'knew' him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was young, we did have musical instruments at home. Unfortunately, I didn't know they were supposed to be used for making music. My father used a guitar to beat me over the head whenever I drank toilet water. My mother used to stab me in the kidney with a violin bow anytime I wet myself.

    That maybe explains why I live in Suzhou.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick, from NanjingMay 26, 2014 at 12:38 AM

    I was splashing some refreshing toilet water on my face last night.
    But then the lid suddenly fell down on my head.

    ReplyDelete