Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tragedy at Wuxi Expat Wedding

A Wuxi Expat wedding ended in tragedy yesterday as catering staff, due to a misunderstanding, cut up the groom. 
 
Claire Smith, an English Teacher at Leprosy International English School, had decided to take advantage of the Expatdom's Human-Inanimate Object wedding law to marry the cake from her last wedding attempt.  In an interview done before yesterday's wedding, Smith said she had come to a realization that she loved wedding cake more than husbands.  "That is why I was married and divorced twenty times.  At the last wedding ceremony, it was a relief for me that the groom had cold feet and stood me up!  I kept the wedding cake we were going to cut.  I soon fell in love with the wedding cake and gave it the name Adonis.  I took Adonis to the Wuxi China Expatdom with me so we could get married!"
 
Tragedy resulted at yesterday's wedding when the catering staff mixed up the groom wedding cake and the ceremony wedding cake.  It wasn't till Adonis has been sliced up and served to the guests that the mistake was discovered.
 
Smith is currently undergoing grief counselling.  Many of the wedding guests are at People's Hospital #4 being treated for food poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment