Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wuxi China Expat King Appoints a Court Jester



In an announcement that shocked some, angered a few, saddened but one, and was treated by others with indifference, the King of the Wuxi China Expatdom, Gorzo the Mighty told the world that he had appointed the blogger known as Wussie Andrew to the post of Court Jester Unemeritus of the Wuxi China Expatdom.

"As Court Jester, foolish Wussie Andrew will have a duty to entertain me, members of my royal court, and my distinguished guests by wearing brightly colored clothes and eccentric hats in a motley pattern, storytelling, performing acrobatics, making music, juggling and displaying comedic skills of great jest and wit!" said His Majesty to a standing room only press conference held at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion of Gambay's Pub in the 1912 Bar District of Wuxi, China.  

Anticipating criticism that he was trying to revive an medieval custom that was out of steps with the times in the Wuxi China Expatdom, His Majesty then said:  "Far too Wuxi Expats take themselves too seriously.  Far too many Wuxi Expats have questionable morals!  I know I suffer from the former vice, and thanks to my wife, I have given up the latter.  But that was only because I was able to read the Wussie Expatdom Blog authored by Wussie Andrew with occasional articles provided by Pierce Brosland.  What others found offensive in the Wussie Blog, I found to be right on the mark and a source of a good chuckle and instruction!  And besides, also being a big fan of Shakespeare, I realized that my so-called "modern" monarchy was missing something!"

Wussie Andrew, author of the Wussie China Expatdom Blog, told the Wuxi China Expatdom Blog that he was very proud to have been rewarded the post of Wuxi China Expatdom Court Jester Unemeritus.  "I now have a chance to tell truth to power, instead of truth to the human fallible natures and foibles of Wuxi Expats.  I welcome the opportunity to amuse and entertain all the great and powerful people of the world who will come to fawn over His Most Majestic and Bald Majesty!  I also like the big boost to my income that being court jester gives me.  Boy oh Boy!  What a Gig!  Take my old job!  Please!" said the blogger as his attempt at a somersault saw him land in a bowl full of live crabs.

Wussie Andrew blogged for eight years in the Wuxi China Expatdom before finally making his position as its jester official.  Living in the Hui Shan District of Wuxi with his wife Wilma and son Bam Bam, Wussie Andrew had provided for his family by teaching English and working part-time as a food-taster for more wealthy Wuxi Expat Engineers.  He will officially become the WCE court jester in a ceremony to be held at Hardy's Har Har Comedy Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment