Monday, April 23, 2012

Wuxi Expat English Teacher Forced to Super-Glue His shoes

Andis Kaulins, an English Teacher and Wuxi Expat who is not to be confused with the Andis Kaulins who is the President of the Wuxi Expat Rifle Association and the Andis Kaulins is who the President of the Wuxi China Expatdom Elite Expat Association, has had to super-glue a pair of his shoes for a second time in a week.  With shoes his size hard to find in the Wuxi China Expatdom, Kaulins says he is facing an existential crisis.

"First, it was a pair of shoes I bought in Canada not more than two years ago.  I was teaching a class on a company site, when one of my shoes felt like its bottom was coming out.  Taking a look, I saw that my sole was beginning to separate from the rest of my shoe.  I had to get some super glue from my wife later that evening.  I used the glue on the shoes the next morning and it did the trick!" said ET Kaulins in an exclusive interview with the WCE Super Glue Blog.

"Despite the success of the super-glue, I found I was wary to wear that pair of shoes all the time, so I had been wearing a pair of brown shoes that I had purchased over ten years before.  I had let the shoes sit in my shoe closet for a few years.  At the end of my third time of wearing them, I had the shoe and the sole separate as I was taking them off!  Luckily I still had some super-glue I could use on them!"

ET Kaulins told the WCE Blog that he felt impoverished after the shoe incidents.  "I have one pair of shoes that I can still classify as good and I am more fearful than ever of wearing them!  If they break, I might as well be a tramp!"

ET Kaulins who has size 47 (Euro) of 12 (North American) feet in a country where the shoes are usually no bigger than size 44.  He told the WCE Blog that when he goes back to Canada in May, he will have to "buy at least three pairs of shoes!"  In the meanwhile, he said he had been poring over his fifteen copies of the Poolside Harry Moore  and His KJV Holy Bible in an effort to bolster his spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment