Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wuxi Expat Pub Owner accused of Deadism

Owner of the Chestnut and Walnut Pubs, Wally Droop has denied vehemently that he is a Deadist.  

The Wuxi China Expatdom Association of Dead English Teachers and Engineers (WCEDETE) leveled the charge against Droop in a press conference held at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion of Gambay's Pub in the 1912 Bar District of Wuxi, China.  Said the President of the WCEDETE, Derrick Doornail, deceased:  "I have visited the Pubs owned by Droop on many occasions and not once have I seen him serve dead people.  He tried to throw me out of the pub, making me lean against against a wall in the alley behind his pub.  As well, I have never seen a dead person working in the pub."

"I have never ever discriminated against dead people." said Droop to the WCE Blog.  "If they come to the pub, I serve them.  I have never once not hired any applicants because they are dead.  In fact some of best friends are dead people.  My wife is dead.  Of course, she wasn't when I married her, but she might as well be now, if you know what I mean!  And I have had dead people on staff like Duston Short, for instance.  Come on!  While the guy can waddle around, he is legally dead if you try to examine the organ he has between his ears.  The only reason, I had to let him go was because he was too "dead tired" to show up to work!"

Doornail has told the WCE Blog that he is going to lobby the WCE parliament and ask them to pass some sort of affirmative action legislation. "For far too long, Dead people have been looked down on and given the silent treatment!" said Doornail.

No comments:

Post a Comment