Monday, April 18, 2011

Wuxi China Expatdom Poet Laureate McClusky recites an ode to his fork.

McClusky, the Poet Laureate of the Wuxi China Expatdom, on the occasion of the capture of the Ayatollah of Mordor, recited his just recently completed poem, Ode to My Fork Bessie, to the crowd of two billion at the Wuxi Freeport awaiting the return of the Wuxi China Contingent.
 
Wearing his official Poet Laureate's sash, provided through the generousity of Gambay's Pub in the 1912 Bar District, McClursky appearance at the Freeport, was wildly applauded by the crowd looking for a distraction from the long boring blowhardish speech being made by Fidel Castro.
 
McClusky recited the following:
 
Bessie, Oh Bessie, Oh Bessie! how I love thee my fork!
I put you Bessie in my mouth along with my pork.
Bessie, my Bessie, helps me create hamolate,
a mixture of ham, egg, apples, and chocolate.
Without Bessie, I would have to use my fingers,
or perhaps the spoon of my neighbours the Klingers.
When I look at Bessie cleaned, I see my happy reflection,
and thank God, I live in the Wuxi China Expatdom nation!
 
The crowd reacted to the poem with unanimous approval, and McClusky was made to recite the poem ten more times.

2 comments:

  1. McClusky's obsession with Bessie,
    his fork, has had me puzzled.
    But in line six, he makes reference to
    "the spoon". Has me wondering if McClusky
    is making a cryptic reference to the
    spoonerist-school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoonerists were notorious for writing odes and sonnets in the female sections of public restrooms.

    ReplyDelete