Friday, June 24, 2011

Wuxi China Expatdom Windmill Factory Shuts Down

Wally Wind De Meer, owner of WCE Windpower, the world's leading manufacturer of Windmills and other Windpower devices as a alternative source of power, announced he was shutting down his company despite the fact that it was profitable.
 
Said Wind De Meer, "The only reason, the company was turning a profit was because it was accepting government subsidies.  I have come to the realization that no red-blooded, iron-willed, he-man, or she-woman businessman or businessperson of honour should be taking a dime or fen of money from the government unless they happen to be in the business of arms manufacturing!  To otherwise accept government money is not Evel Knievel Evil, but the Devil Evil!  So, I am shutting down my windmill factory, joining the Catholic Church, and will instead engage in oil exploration in Lake Taihu.  I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself because I have participated in a process whereby government bureaucrats, some of who may have good intentions, are cheating tax payers of hard-earned money and using it in quixotic and immoral wind power schemes. In consultations with my priest, I will find ways of making amends in a vain hope of redeeming myself."
 
Wind De Meer attributed his change of heart to reading the prose stylings of the smash-hit-best-all-time-selling The Poolside Harry Moore.  "After spending hours contemplating the good looks of Master Moore, I took the time to read his essays.  I found the prose to be robust, earthy, sensual, concise, and full of wonderfully creative and original metaphors.  I found a man with a superb intelligence who was easily acquainted with the language of the common man.  Re-reading the essays, so as not to be over-dazzled by the brilliant sparkling prose, I found Moore expressed a philosophy that revealed the real meat-and-potatoes, gears and guts, aspects of living the manly life.  Moore expressed a libertarian philosophy of living that was a combination of Ayn Rand and Pope Benedict XVI.  Moore expressed his earthly philosophy in a manner that was not so heavily-laded with the pedanticism and atheism of Rand, while at the same time transcending the earthly bounds of our existence with a sensuality that the Pope had lacked!  His essays were a triumph of the human spirit!  I realized then and there that I had to get out of the Wind Power leaching process."

2 comments: