Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wuxi Expat loves to lignify his food

Hans Kuhn, a Wuxi Expat from Germany, says he loves to lignify his food.  He says this life long obsession started  growing up as a feral boy in the Black Forest area of Germany.  Says Kuhn, "Growing up in the Schwarzwald, I had nothing to eat buy trees, bark, and grass.  I grew to love it.  When I entered civilization, I found I didn't like the food.  I found myself adding bark and wood to my wiener schnitzel.  After studying Chemistry in at the Hamburg University of Science and Technology, I developed chemical processes to make all food woody and so agreeable to my palate."

Asked if he lignified Wuxi local food, Kuhn said "Of course.  Although, having been in China for ten years now, I have developed a taste for bamboo.  I am trying to develop a process to make Chinese food bambooish.  Officials in Sichuan have expressed a keen interest in my being able to perfect the process so they will have an easier time feeding pandas.  Imagine if rice could be bambooized!  Pandas will no longer be endangered.  And tourists could go on panda-hunting safaris!  As well, we would be able to wear authentic Panda Parkas. The possibilities for this would be endless!"

No comments:

Post a Comment