Friday, June 3, 2011

Wuxi China Expatdom's Admiral Bridges Scrapes Fred Astaires Bottom


Admiral Bridges has spent the past week carrying out routine maintenance
on the Expatdom's flagship, Fred Astaire.

"After several months on the high seas", he said, "the Astaire needed to be brought up to shipshape shape.
Usually, these carriers need to go into drydock for that sort of maintenance work.
But the WCE Navy, the Astaire, crew, and I, must be ready much sooner than that".


"Did it all myself, singlehandedly, in four days. The lower underside of the hull picks up barnacles, crabs, oysters, and all manner of marine jetsam. I get under there with a paint scraper, and work away until its all clean and smooth again.

"Everything went fine, except when I accidentally dropped my scraper, and couldn't locate it in the depths of Taihu. Just used my cat-like tongue and licked that hull clean in no time."

No comments:

Post a Comment