Sunday, September 11, 2011

Longtime Wuxi Expat treats newcomer's liking of Wuxi, China with disdain.

 Longtime Wuxi China Expat Doctor Norman Bethune says he hates newbies. 
 
"They come here off a jet plane, and have a coffee in Starbucks and tell you how much they love China!" started Bethune on his rant.  "Then they go shopping at Parkson's or Wuxi Yaohan or the new Nanchang Market to bring back "souvies" for their family.  "Oh! Oh!  Look at me!  I'm in China.  I love it!  The Chinese got their eye on the ball!  They are focused!  They are looking for ways to succeed!"   -- these newbilicles go on!  Drives me mad.  I hate these people!  They don't know the real China!  When I came here, I got off a boat!  You couldn't find bacon.  Few people had cars.  It was authentic!  There were no newbies!"
 
Bethune has had the Wuxi China Expatdom's longest running general practice.  "You can come to us for your pediatric needs!" screamed Bethune.  "Just remember, you are a newbie!  So keep your place.  Only I am allowed to regale you with anecdotes from having been in the Wuxi China Expatdom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment