Friday, December 21, 2012

Irish Expat Wants to Make Wuxi the Donnybrook of China



Dave McCollins, an Irish ex-boxer now living in the Wuxi China Expatdom, wants to make Wuxi the Donnybrook of China and of other parts of East Asia as well, and has begun to implement his plan to do so.


"Donnybrook, the name of my hometown in Ireland, has become synonymous with English words like fight, brawl, and altercations." said McCollins in an exclusive interview with the ACIC blog. "I am proud of this fact. And since Wuxi has become my second hometown, I would like its name to become synonymous with fighting and brawling as well!"


McCollins, who teaches English at the Wuxi University of the Fighting Arts and Sciences and also is president of a company that manufactures vehicles for security and police purposes, is trying to pick fights where ever and when ever he can to bring his goal about. "Simple disagreements or gaffes are not to tolerated till my goal has been achieved. I will fight for any reason, even for someone recognizing my basic humanity, showing me sympathy and empathy, doing me a nice turn, or agreeing with my political beliefs and my taste in movies. I realize, of course, that I can't achieve my goals by myself. I have employed Machiavellian and Stalinistic techniques to get people to hate each other. I have even revived the ghosts of the Cultural Revolution to pit one group against another, and spur hatred, violent hatred that is, among individuals as well!"


McCollins, says that his campaign, which he started only two weeks ago, is beginning to bear fruit. "I went to the Pink Kitty Pub on Saturday evening and it like I was at an Ice Hockey game or attending a session of the Taiwan parliament! Fists and jabs and hooks and hay-makers and clothesline were flying – the sight was sheer poetry to the eyes of a Donnybrooker like myself. Me parents would have been so proud!"


The Wuxi China Expatdom Royal Mounted Police acting commander Officer McNulty, asked about McCollins's goal, told the WCE Blog that he has had to arrest 2,000 people for Wuxiing. "It is a good thing that McCollin sold us some paddy wagons to deal with it!" said McNulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment