Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wuxi China Expatdom Archduke doesn't wear Monocles -- prefers to bear himself with the aristocratic elegance and grace of Fred Astaire

Wuxi China Expatdom Archduke Harry Moore says he will have nothing to do with what he has labelled as the imbecilic fashion of wearing lense-less monocles.  

"Everything, we wear, including accessories should have an ostensible purpose.  I think it is rather daft to wear a monocle with no lenses!" said Moore, as he was dressed, in impeccably tailored blazer and slacks that were finished off with a perfectly tied cravat and fedora, for his appearance at the premiere of the film My American Cousin at Ford's Theater in Washington D.C.

Asked who his fashion icon was, the Archduke said Fred Astaire.  "Astaire dressed like a man should dress.  He was he epitome of sartorial style!  The perfect aristocrat.  You never had the impression he was trying to lord it over on others.  He was the guy next door, except he had grace coming out of every single pore and crevice of his body!"

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely correct. Monocles are similar to the French pincz-nezz foppery.

    Will be wonderful at Ford Theatre. I do like to stretch my legs during lengthy movie-sessions, so at the intermission, I'll go for a walk outside and find a nice grassy knoll to saunter around on.

    And I've just signed a deal with a major movie studio in LA. When I return to the WCE, I'll be
    making my directorial-debut.

    Must dash now - Mr Booth, the nice usher here, is calling me.

    ReplyDelete