Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wuxi China Expatdom King loves the dear hearts and gentle people who live in his realm

Gorzo the Mighty, King of the Wuxi China Expatdom, during his weekly lecture at Wuxi's Jiangnan University, sung of his love "for the dear hearts and gentle people" who live in his realm.


Gorzo, in a rich bass-baritone voice, said he loved the dear hearts and gentle people of the Wuxi China Expatdom, "because they will never ever let me down. They read the good book from Monday to Friday, and that's how they are on the weekend too. I hope one day they can all have a white house with a picket fence. I feel so welcome each time I return to the Expatdom people that my happy heart keeps laughing like a clown. My realm reminds me of a place I like to go called Batten, Idaho where friendly neighbors smile and say "hello!" It is a pleasure to wander round my realm -- that's what I want the whole world to know!"


Gorzo, when questioned, declined to mention the names of these dear hearts and gentle people, other than to say "there was a fellow named Harry Moore, but he is gone, alas."

4 comments:

  1. Interviewed by Orient Express, Harry Moore sobbed uncontrollably, until at last he managed
    to say:-

    "Why do baboons suddenly appear
    Every time he is near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to Gorzo.

    On the day that he was born
    The Expats got together
    And decided to create a Being come true
    So they waxed car polish on his pate of gold
    And magenta in his eyes of red.
    That is why, all the baboons in town
    Follow him all around.
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to him.
    Waaaa - ar-ar- aahhhhhhhhhhh, close to him.
    Wahhhhhhhhhhh, close to him.
    Hahhhhhhhhhhh, close to him.
    Lahhhhhhhhhhh, close to........."

    ReplyDelete
  2. close to him....!

    (Is it okay if I join in?)

    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to him.
    Waaaa - ar-ar- aahhhhhhhhhhh, close to him.
    Wahhhhhhhhhhh, close to him.
    Hahhhhhhhhhhh, close to him.
    Lahhhhhhhhhhh, close to........."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hearts and Gentle People - wasn't that one of Burl Ives' songs? Did Burl Ives ever visit the WCE's 1912 Bar District?

    - Peter Paul and Mary - in our family-home when I was young their music was banned. My (late) parents (correctly) identified their music as representative of the radical-folk, drug-inspired culture of that time.

    And our government here also banned a great-many pop-songs from air-play here. "Snoopy and The Red Baron" was banned (it had a naughty word in it). And "Lola" - well, to this day, that scandalous song is still banned here.

    ReplyDelete