Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Acting Wuxi China Expatdom Chief Inspector breaks up sicko film ring in Venice Gardens

Officer McNulty, the acting chief inspector of the Wuxi China Expatdom, says he has broken up, what he called a "sicko film ring" in Wuxi's Venice Gardens, a popular villa compound for Wuxi China Expatdomites in the south west of Wuxi.

Said McNulty "I was shocked I tell you! Shocked, to learn that some of the residents were watching the most god awful movies that could be bought at Wuxi DVD shops. These people just have no taste! And they would then pass on the DVDs onto to other Venice Gardens residents."

McNulty showed some of the DVDs, which he confiscated, to the Wuxi China Expatdom Blogspot staff. Among the thousands of DVDs were grade "b" science fiction, slasher movies and sex comedies. "It would have broken Wuxi China Expatdom Film Appreciation Society President's Harry Moore's heart to see the tripe that these people were watching, I thought to myself." said McNulty. "So, I dealt these Venice Gardeners -- it behooves me to call them Wuxi Expats -- my eccentric brand of paradigm-shifting justice. But I gave them a choice this time, unlike the other times where the guilty had no choice. I said I could either leave them unable to watch movies, unable to use the bathroom standing up, or forever unable to eat solid foods... Strange how so many residents of Venice Gardens value their bowel movements --a thing I will remember when I make my next visit to the Chestnut Pub!"

His most honorableness, President and Minister Moore, praised McNulty's methods in dealing with the Venice Gardeners. "Vigilance in the defense of good cinematic taste is no vice!" said Moore, while on a break from casting for the upcoming Wuxi China Expatdom Mammoth Pictures production of Harry Moore and the One Hundred Fifty Bond Girls.

1 comment:

  1. Officer McNulty, Sir,

    -well it has been quite some time since I've heard that word "behooves" - and a perfectly good and proper word it is too!

    Is it OK if I slip some behooves into routine, day-to-day conversations? Could you perhaps, please give some example sentences or phrases
    that I can use behooves in?

    ReplyDelete