Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wuxi China Expatdom Poet Laureate Alfred Lord McClusky Recites New Year's Ode To Taihu And Droppin' His Gs

Last night at Gambays, to commemorate it's acclaim,
yet again, as the Expatdom's #1 Expat Pub, Poet Laureate McClusky
emerged from several month's of seclusion to recite his newest work.

In eager anticipation, six million Gambays' patrons fell silent as the master of prose took his place atop a table.

"My fellow Expats", McClusky began, "I present 'Ode To Taihu And Droppin' Ma Gs', which was inspired by Ordon Litfoot."

"The legend lives on from the Naturists on down
Of the big lake they call big Lake Taihu
The lake, it is said, is not red or brown
But greeny-blue like a mushroomy


"With a crew many times twenty-six thousand gobs more
The Astaire is the Expat-dom's flagship

"The Fred is the pride of the Expatdom's fleet
And sorry that this isn't rhymin'
Comin' back from Manitoba where they caught
the sleazebag Ayatollah,
As the big carriers go, it is bigger than them
With Admiral Lloyd Bridges and crew well seasoned


"Sexpats, you better take care
if Chief Inspector Harry finds you creepin'
round my back stairs


"Turnin' back the pages to the Lake Taihu Ode
I wonder if the old folks aren't asleep
now the thin' that I call livin' is just bein' satisfied
With knowin' I gotta stop droppin' all those 'g's,
Taihu Da Dao, got ta see you my old lame
Taihu Da Dao, you seen better days
The mornin' after blues from my head down to my shoes
Taihu Da Dao, let me slip away
Slip away on you"


With the massive crowd rapturously clappin' and shoutin' their acclaim, and
momentarily stoppin' their drinkin', - there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment