Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wuxi Expat proud of brown gloves he bought in the Chinese Countryside

Andis Kaulins, the English Teaching Expat who is not be confused with the Wuxi China Expatdom Rifle Association El President Andis Kaulins, is proud of the brown gloves he bought in Beixin, a small town in the countryside of Jiangsu province.  ET Kaulins was in Beixin to celebrate the Spring Festival with his wife Jenny's relatives.

"It was cold in Beixin for the four days I was there.  Taking my daily constitutional, I found my hands were cold and that for the first time this winter, I felt a need to wear gloves.  I went to, what I assumed was a recently-opened supermarket, and looked for the glove aisle.  There, I saw a pair of brown gloves with a silver pattern that looked adequate for my purposes.  Looking at the signs, I thought they would set me back 38 rmb, but I asked a nearby clerk and she told me they were 15, or at least, that was I understood!" said ET Kaulins.

"You can imagine my surprise, when I went to the register and they charged me only 5 rmb for the pair!  I was beside myself in ectasy!  That was less than a dollar in my native Canada!" said an excited ET Kaulins.

Jauntily, ET Kaulins said: "For as long as it is cold, I will proudly show off my gloves to any other Expat I will meet.  I really like my 5 rmb pair of gloves!"

1 comment:

  1. A fine purchase, and they sound like an
    excellent pair - could they also be used as boxing gloves?

    ReplyDelete