Tuesday, January 17, 2012

There are two persons named Andis Kaulins living in the Wuxi China Expatdom

At a press conference, held at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion of Gambay's Pub and attended by over four million newsmen, newswomen, and their hanger-ons, Wuxi China Expatdom Rifle Association President Andis Kaulins and the English teacher Andis Kaulins announced that they were two different people and that they were tired of being mixed-up by other Wuxi Expats

Said El Presidente: "I was the second Andis Kaulins to come to the Expatdom, and I found it annoying that I had to draw my weapon on people who made sarcastic "Oh my God! He is buying us lunch!" comments after I bought them lunch!  Call me a conservative reactionary, a tea-party member, a gun nut, or a hawk on military matters, but don't call me a cheapskate!"

For his part, the English teaching Andis Kaulins said that while his cheapskate reputation was well-earned, he was generous in non-monetary ways like with his punditry in his AKIC blog and staying away from pubs.  "I live and let live!  I give people the freedom of not associating with me!" insisted the Wuxi China Expatdom's original Andis Kaulins.  He then said he had became disconcerted by Spanish Expats walking up to him and saying "Hey Senor Boom Boom!"

Asked about their relationship, the two people named Andis Kaulins said that they were always cordial to each other.  Said El Presidente :"To be honest, I don't see the English teaching Andis Kaulins all that much!  He works and goes home to his family, and so there no chance of meeting him in a pub!  But I do see why other Expats confuse us.  We look alike and both have sensible views.  But I do have much more money than the English teacher and I can indulge in my pursuit of guns rights for all!  English teacher Andis Kaulins said, "El Presidente is an impressive figure of a man!  He is the Andis Kaulins I always wanted to be!"

The announcement of two Andis Kaulins Expats was greeted with shocked reactions from some Wuxi Expats, as well as claims from other Expats that they suspected all along that there were two people named Andis Kaulins living in the Wuxi China Expatdom.  Said Wuxi Expat English teacher Duston Short:  "Now I know why the El Presidente didn't shoot me as soon as he meet me.  The other Andis Kaulins had labelled me human garbage after having seen my work ethic, so I was surprised when he was polite to me after I left the English School the other guy was working at."  Owner of the Chestnut Pub Wally Droop said he was shocked to see what he thought was the English teacher Andis Kaulins buying a round of drinks in his pub. "It was the El Presidente being so generous which explained everything!  I thought the world had fallen on its head!" said Droop.


4 comments:

  1. Who wrote this scurrilous news-item?
    Andis Kaulins (the English Teacher)is generosity on two legs.
    He is the Saint Francis of Assisi of the Expatdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't get enough of Andis Kaulins! The more there are of them, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I differ to beg with those assessments.

    ReplyDelete