Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wuxi Expat almost has wallet snatched

Deloris Morris, Wuxi Expat, almost had her purse snatched on Wuxi's Nanchang Jie Bar Street Saturday evening.

Morris said she was walking the street about 900 p.m. when a pair of Caucasian foreigners approached her and asked her for directions to Gambay's Pub.  When she went into her purse to give them a Gambay's business card with directions, one of men grabbed her arm while the other took her wallet which was full of money and contained her passport.  The men then knocked her to the ground and fled.

Fortunately for Morris, Wuxi China Expatdom Police Officer McNulty was on the scene.  Hearing Morris's screams, McNulty pursued the men until they turned down an alleyway with a dead end.  McNulty, in an interview with the WCE blog, afterwards said that he put the meaning of "dead" in dead end when he administered his idiosyncratic brand of divine retributive uncongenial unequiponderant unconditional justice to the "miscreants."

McNulty returned the wallet to Morris who thanked McNulty saying "You is my hero! I wants to gave you a biggest kiss!"  McNulty sternly responded "Listen Miss! You should say You are my hero! I would like to give you a big kiss!"  

"I then went to the hospital and the doctors told me that the wallet would be embedded permanently in my forehead for a while!" said Morris.  "But it could have been a whole lot worse if I had lost my cash and passport.  And the fervent kiss McNulty gave me after correcting my grammar made my knees shake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment