Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wuxi Expat says he will grow a beard during the Spring Festival

Grizzly Abrams, a North American Mountain Man turned Wuxi Expat English Teacher, says he is going to grow a beard during the Spring Festival holiday.

Abrams told the WCE Blog that he had had a long flowing two-foot beard when in North America where he lived in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia, but then shaved it off in order to get a job teaching English in the Wuxi China Expatdom.

"I have been itching all these years to regrow the thing," said Abrams, "but my wife Ling Yi Lu (Pronounced Lingy Lou in North American), who I met in Wuxi, won't let me.  Any time I have asked her to let me grow a beard, I will get a stare from her that makes me wish I was wrestling a grizzly mother defending her cubs!"

Asked why he put up with his wife's anti-beard regimen, Abrams said he loved his Lingy Lu and that it was hard to find a woman like her in the wilds of North America, where his only companions had been grizzly bears, snakes, deer, raccoons and turtles.

Asked if his wife had changed her mind about beards because he now had a plan, Abrams said she hadn't, but because he was going to her hometown for the Spring Festival, he was going to forget to bring his razor so he could get at least seven days of growth.  "When she sees the George S. Patton manliness and the Harry Moore virility of me with facial hair, I hope she will change her mind!" said Abrams.

No comments:

Post a Comment