Monday, January 30, 2012

Wuxi China Expats glad to be back to work after Spring Festival

Wuxi Expats say they are happy to be back to work after the Spring Festival holiday.  Many said they were stuck in their apartments during the holiday because they were scared of crowds, fireworks or being invited to cold apartments for dinners.

Thor Lyndon, English Teacher, said he was very happy to be back to work.  "I am happier than poo on a stick to be teaching English.  All I did during the CNY was get drunk and play computer games.  The one time I went out, I froze!" said Lyndon.

William "Corky" Bittermeyer, also an English Teacher, said he felt good about being back to work.  "Going to work gives me something to do" said Bittermeyer.

His Majesty, King of the Wuxi Expatdom, Gorzo the Mighty, said he got so bored at home that he had to go back to the palace and do some work.  "Not having any staff I about, I took on some of their duties like cleaning, typing and handling fan mail.  And to be honest, it felt good.  I also developed an appreciation for the work they do for me and the Expatdom.  I think all of them should be inducted in the Wuxi China Expatdom Hall of Fame!"

No comments:

Post a Comment