Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Expat laments decreasing number of fields in Wuxi, China to frolic in.

There is nothing long-time Wuxi China Expat Andis Kaulins likes than frolicking in a green field while bare-foot and naked.  

However, in his time spent in the Wuxi China Expatdom, opportunities to engage in this harmless, decent, and humanistic activity have become less and less for the English Teacher and philosopher, who is the chief intellectual force behind the philosophy of naturism.

"The locals like to pave things over, tear things down and replace them with newer things like tall buildings and shopping centers, of which they can't seem to build enough." said Kaulins.  " A perfectly good field near my home has been walled up so that construction on another shopping center can take place.  And all the time the field was there, I fantasized about bearing able to frolic in it.  I could only slap myself on the forehead when I saw that the opportunity I had to frolic in that particular field was gone and would never return in my life time.  And sadly this is not the first time that a perfectly good venue for grass frolicking has been paved over."

No comments:

Post a Comment