Saturday, August 6, 2011

PM Mango: "My Economic Reform Package For The Wuxi China Expatdom"

Prime Minister Mango emerged from this morning's
top-level talks in the WCE Cabinet Room (next door to the Hanging
Wardrobe Closet Room) to inform the Press of his sweeping
new economic-policy reform bill.

"I've been under intense pressure", he said, "from elements
within my own ranks, and my opponents, to get something done about the
Expatdom's economy".

"Our current surplus is approximately 228 quadzillion, held in
both gold, and every currency in the world. They told me I had to raise this
somehow. One of my colleagues said the current situation is "fiscal
foolishness.' "

"I'm not a qualified economist, as you all know, so I've spent the past month racking my brains on this. It consumed me, night and day. I had to set aside my "Ding Dong The
Bells Are Going To Chime"-wedding plans, temporarily, until I figured something out.

"I consulted several economics books, written by those Adam, and Smith, guys,
however there was nothing in them to help me.
"But, lo and behold, just last week, on August 2, I woke-up that morning
and had a brain-wave!
"We are going to construct a colossal new fountain, in the 1912 Bar District,
and every Expat, and tourist who goes there, will be required to toss three coins in the fountain".

"Then, once a week, we'll collect all that dough in the fountain, and transfer it into
the Expatdom's coffers - problem-solved!", crowed PM Mango.
"But", he added, "I'm mystified how that idea came to me....maybe 'serendipity' is the word for it.

Admiral Lloyd Bridges, CIC of the WCE Navy, said that he'd be more than happy to
don his scuba-diving apparatus, once a week, to vacuum the coins up from the depths of the new fountain.

1 comment:

  1. -para.4, PM Mango has a brain that can rack
    night and day?
    So what, - I have a cat that meows "Stardust".

    ReplyDelete