Monday, August 29, 2011

Wuxi China Expat can't decide which format of "Dune" to marry

A Wuxi China Expat Sci-Fi Enthusiast, who identifies himself as Sir Arthur C.G. Roddenberry Heinlein Asimov Herbert, has fallen in love with the novel "Dune", and because of the Wuxi China Expatdom's law allowing human-inanimate object marriage, has decided he will marry the novel.  Said Roddenberry Heinlein Asimov Herbert: "I have read the novel more times than I have had sex in my life, and found my experiences reading the novel to be more satisfying, and less expensive.  Dune gives me satisfaction on many levels like a spouse should.  I mean why else do we get married?"
 
However, a problem has arisen.  Roddenberry Heinlein Asimov Herbert's copy of Dune has been read many times, and left on so many a bathroom floor, that it may be time for Roddenberry Heinlein Asimov Herbert to buy a new copy.  "But we are in a transitional era in human history" said Roddenberry Heinlein Asimov Herbert.  "The book as we know may become obsolete in the next ten years, and will be replaced by electronic books, and other forms of interactive literary experiences.  I have read Dune once on my Ipad and got my rocks off doing so.  So, clearly I am in love with the text and the words of Dune, but I have feel a certain loyalty and affection for the worn paperback copy of Dune that I have.  So I am conflicted.  Which format of Dune should I marry?  The paperback, the audio book, or the Epub version?"
 
Whether Wuxi China Expats will be able to marry the electronic versions of songs, movies, and books is an issue not dealt with in the legislation that originally permitted human-inanimate object marriage.  Observers of the Expatdom say the issue could be decided by either new legislation, or by the Wuxi China Expatdom Supreme Court of Justice and Human Decency.  Roddenberry Heinlein Asimov Herbert says that he would marry the paperback if it was decided it was illegal to marry Epubs, MP3s, or MP4s.  He admits that he doesn't have the funds to take a case to the WCE Supreme Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment