Friday, November 18, 2011

Wuxi Expat contracts a venereal disease to raise awareness of telethons

Juston Short, one of the three infamous Short brothers from Ontario, Canada living in the Wuxi China Expatdom, told the Wuxi China Expatdom Blog, that he had contracted a venereal disease so he could raise awareness in the Expatdom about telethons.

Said Short: "There is nothing I like better than a good telethon.  I can remember watching the Jerry Lewis Telethons growing up, and always going to the local 7-11 to drink as many Slurpees as I could for whatever disease Jerry was trying to stop!  Living in the Expatdom like I do now, I have developed a hankering to sit in my apartment and watch a telethon and not watch DVDs.  Talking about my Telethon hankering with the locals and other expats has only resulted in blank stares...  Now, others would have thought of this as a rebuking, but I looked upon as a opportunity.  A light bulb lit in my mind's eye.  I found my favorite bar girl Cherry Soda and got her to give me a venereal disease -- it only cost me some drinks, which I put on the Chestnut Pub bar tab, and four hundred kuai!  Now telling everyone about my plight and my telethon hankering, I hope someone decides to have a telethon for me."

Asked if he was proceeding backwards and should instead start a telethon to raise awareness of VD, Short was derisive and said that everyone knew about VD.

No comments:

Post a Comment