Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wuxi Expat wonders where all the other Wuxi Expats are

Pam Tilly, an Expat from Nova Scotia, Canada, wonders where all the other Expats are in the Wuxi China Expatom.  After reading that there were millions upon millions of them in the Wuxi China Expatdom blog, she says she has seen any.

"I have walked my apartment complex, looking for them, and I haven't seen any.  I looked under bridges, I hung around public washrooms, and I camped out in my local Carrefour for eight days, and I never saw any!  When I walked the streets, I sang "Where oh where can the Expat be?" in as loud a voice as I could, and no Expat responded.  I even resorted to the old Chicom trick of having loud speakers blaring twenty hours a day asking Expats to come see me -- that didn't seem to work so I put the speakers on a truck and drove throughout the neighborhoods of Wuxi, and never roused one Expat. Reading about the popularity of Naturism in the Wuxi China Expatdom, I walked around "sans clothing or meiyou yifu" only to be stared at and not meet any other Expats.  When I read about the walking backwards craze going on the Expatdom, I ran into no other Expats.  So, I am at my wit's end about this.  I am so lonely, to quote the leader of North Korea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment