Saturday, December 17, 2011

World's Largest Nativity Display built in the Wuxi China Expatdom

The World's largest Nativity Display has been built in the Venice Gardens Expat compound of the Wuxi China Expatdom.

The Display which is scheduled to be unveiled on Monday, December 19 is a sprawling ten million square-feet in area.  It cost 2 billion U.S. dollars to build.  The display will recreate dozens of biblical passages related to the story of Jesus' birth.  The display includes life-size recreations of Biblical-era dwellings and structures, as well as millions of human, animal, and angelic figures to allow visitors to visualize and have an authentic feel of the Biblical story.  The center piece of the display is a gigantic manger scene with a baby Jesus that is 888m long, a 6000m tall David, 2000m tall sheep and a 5800m tall Mary.

The Display is the life's work of C.S. Smith, the Expatdom's leading Christian apologist.  He and a team of engineers and architects worked on the display for ten months.

His Majesty, King of the Wuxi China Expatdom, Gorzo the Mighty praised the display, and said that atheists that didn't like it could jump in Lake Taihu.


5 comments:

  1. Hey!

    I live in Venice Gardens and I don't see no Nativity Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn around Dietrich Donut Boy No-Nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see it all the way out in the Hui Shan District.

    It is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I lived in Xue-gian Dong Lu Palm Shores,
    by placing a stepladder in the shower, then removing the window-frame and the gauze, then sticking my head right outside, I could see one of the Moresky 360 exterior-support columns.

    And if I leaned out a little more, and swivelled my head to the left, at night, I could see the flashing neon sign on top of the Hy-Lite English Language School.
    I'll bet you're all envious of this.

    ReplyDelete