Friday, December 9, 2011

Wuxi Expat English Teacher hates always having to wear a Santa Claus costume

Duston Short, English Teacher at DIE English School and the Midget Sumo Wrestling Champion of the Wuxi China Expatdom, has been ordered to wear the Santa Claus suit at his English School's Christmas Party for the sixth year in a row.  

Said Short: "To see the head teacher walk into the office with a Santa suit fills me with dread.  Every year it is the same thing!  He looks around at the trainers, then glances at me, and his eyes brighten up!  He will then tell me that this is why they hired me, and that I should be thankful because for once I was doing something for the school and the students!  And it doesn't matter what school I have worked at in my six years -- it is always the same!"

Short, who patronizes the Chestnut Pub, said that the manager there, Wally Droop, has also asked him to wear a Santa suit at their Christmas Dinner.  "That I will do because I will get a free meal!" said Short.

Short, who is thinking of returning to his native Ontario, Canada, says that having to wear the Santa Claus costume may be the last straw.  

No comments:

Post a Comment